Friday, December 14, 2007

New York Adventures Part 3 of 3. The Story Concludes

Well I've been busy with the semester rounding up, Christmas letters, and now finals coming up next week and that's why I haven't posted for a while. Actually I've been so busy I didn't even realize I sent my tax final project to the wrong e-mail address last night and have now re-sent it late (hopefully I won't be penalized, and hopefully to the right e-mail address!) I figured I should probably finish this story.

So I last left you as I retired home for the evening. Well I'll start off this time of some pictures I took of my room and the view from my room.




There ya go.

The next day I headed out early to get to the building my office visit would take place at. I knew where it was as I had wandered a lot the night before, had got lost, and had found the Ernst and Young building where my interview was to take place. I think I even timed how long it would take to walk there.

So I checked out early and decided to get some breakfast with my credit card or the gift card I had won (from a previous office visit) for Starbucks (actually the company I was interviewing with was going to reimburse so I probably would have just used my credit card). Well the line was long so I waited a little bit, and decided against waiting longer as I figured that I should get to my office visit a little early.

Here are some street pictures of New York City during the day. There is also a picture of an R2-D2 mailbox. There is also a picture of the Ernst and Young building where I had my interview.



I got there, waited, saw some I knew from BYU who was also interviewing, talked to him, told him about my cash situation (and asked to borrow cash if needed), and had my office visit. The office visit was good (I was eventually offered a job I didn't take) and ended quickly (after 2 interviews and lunch). So once I was done, the other BYU guy wasn't done so I decided to wait outside the building like a stalker for him to come out. Well I did so, but we decided to just share a cab and try to get an earlier flight home out of JFK (our flight was suppose to be at like 7 getting in at 11 I think?). He'd pay for it and get reimbursed (despite STILL not being reimbursed by the company to this day for my other expenses).

So we took a cab, but didn't get there early enough so we sat at the airport forever! Well I got some food when we got there (a snack really) counting that as breakfast figuring I'd get more on the plane or before we left. Well we finally all board the plane and the plane took off. As I was sitting there however I heard a loud noise above the cabin and felt the plane starting to turn a little later on. I then felt my ears pop a billion times and then heard the captain get on saying something to the extent of "Well we're having some problems so we are heading back to JFK."

So we land back in JFK and did not die, despite me thinking we would so. (This was my first time flying Delta by the way...hopefully my last). We stayed on the runway forever (the captain told us to not worry about the firetrucks and ambulances...that that was just standard procedure). So while sitting there we find out that the door had not closed properly thus causing the cabin not to de-pressurize properly. So they brought someone to look at. Well apparently the same thing had just happened a couple of weeks before so they got us all off the plane! So we get off the plane and have no idea when were going to be able to leave. 3 hours later they bring us some food (all the places had closed after we waited a half hour in line to take off, and the while we were in the air for about a half hour) and to catch another flight back to Salt Lake. Here are some pictures of us sitting around the airport FOREVER and the lame attempt at food they brought us (I was so hungry). The one guy with white hair was Scottish though (reminded me of my friend Andrew in 50 or so years) so that was cool:





Anyway, we finally got off again and got back into Salt Lake City at like 3 a.m. It was another hour to get luggage, get to the BYU guys car (I asked him for a ride home) and got home at 4 a.m. I skipped class that Tuesday morning.

I should have probably complained, got free tickets, something... but nope I decided to blog about it instead and got to busy to even do that. Anyway, I am done with New York for a while and my debit card did come in the mail the next day by the way.

There I finally posted. Now give me to at least the New Year before I have to do so again! Maybe I'll post again then...maybe not until February. J/k. Just keep checking back and giving good comments and I may be motivated to post sooner. And if anyone knows how to get the actual counter I put up a while back to work (show the number that is) please let me know!

3 comments:

Brook said...

Hey Severson! this comment has nothing to do with your New York adventure (althogh i am interested to see why you were in the big apple). i just got your christmas newsletter and found out you are on blogspot. just thought i would drop a line and give you the link to my blog. looking forward to keeping in touch.

(elder) david mann

Unknown said...

I suppose since I pushed you to post, I ought to respond...I do not envy your airport adventure...I'm very grateful to be done with LAS as my second home...

Heather said...

So, I must agree that Heather needs to post a new post but you must do the same!